|City Area||247.21 km2 (95.45 sq mi)|
|Metro Area||741.36 km2 (286.24 sq mi)|
|Postal code||FSA K8N, K8P, K8R|
|Area code(s)||613, 343|
Belleville (Canada 2011 Census population 49,454; census agglomeration population 92,540) is a city located at the mouth of the Moira River on the Bay of Quinte in Southern (Central) Ontario, Canada, along the Quebec City-Windsor Corridor. It is the seat of Hastings County, but politically independent of it, and is the centre of the Bay of Quinte Region.
Originally the site of an Anishinaabe (Mississaugus) village in the 18th century known as Asukhknosk, the future location of the city was settled by United Empire Loyalists, after which it became known as Meyer’s Creek after prominent settler and industrialist John Walden Meyers. It was renamed Belleville in honour of Lady Arabella Gore in 1816, after a visit to the settlement by Sir Francis Gore and his wife.